Aluminum doors are once popular in the home building industry. With the changes in architectural taste, however, many people opted for different styles of sliding doors. Nonetheless, Aluminium Sliding in Johannesburg even when the interest in this type of door has already declined, it still has various advantages that could not be provided by other types of doors.
For one, Aluminium Windows Prices or aluminum pocket doors are great space savers. They could be used in several instances when space is an issue. For example, a room which could not be fixed with a hinge door could make use of a pocket door. This is the case when there is a permanent obstruction along the pathway where the door swings. Since the door runs along a hidden track and vanishes inside a pocket in the wall, there is no longer a need to open the door fully by swinging. Thus, the door does not require more space before it could be opened. Also, a pocket door could effectively replace a standard door when there is no other way but hide the door inside the walls.
Aluminum sliding doors is also a great alternative to ordinary wood, vinyl or plastic doors. This is because the doors are predicted to capture the future trend in home designing alongside glass and other metals.
There are downsides to using the doors though. For one, these doors could not be used in places where there are extreme temperatures as aluminum tends to adopt to the temperature of its surrounding. This would not help neutralize the heat or the coldness inside a room, for example. Also, Aluminium Joinery Prices, unlike wood, glass and fiberglass doors, tends not to blend in with most architectural design. For instance, the doors would not work well with Victorian-style inspired homes. They are, however, common among conventional houses where steal panels and other metals are used in decorating the house.
Also, one cannot really play well with colors on the doors. Usually, homeowners have to settle with the metallic look. This doesn’t say that the natural aluminum surface is not good. In fact it is. However, for people who are fond of playing with colors, the doors may not be the best choice.
Another drawback to using the doors is that they tend to catch the atmosphere of large kitchens since they are usually associated with the kitchen doors of most restaurants. But again, this may not be as bad at all since many people actually love to create a certain atmosphere in their kitchen that may only be contributed to metals.
A change of look is what a sliding door could give when used in residential homes. In the industrial settings however, they have become the mainstay.
Aluminium Sliding in Johannesburg?
Aluminum Sliding doors are stackable doors of many panels that move entirely to one side stacked neatly together. Their earliest form can be seen in traditional Japanese architecture. Now they are a definite feature of most public spaces like malls, hospitals etc. They are manufactured with a sophisticated track and frame system with a superior sliding mechanism. They offer an energetic look to any property and helps to maximize the light in the room and achieving the full potential of the view. They are a feasible alternative to bi-folding doors, with a sash width going up to 120 cms.
What are the advantages of automatic aluminum sliding frame doors
· Disabled friendly - These automatic doors open and close on their own.
· Safety features - they have up to date safety features and wireless remote control as well. Timers allow security personnel to lock the doors without having to be present near them.
· Gives Footfall account - the number of times the door opens can be obtained. This is useful footfall information in malls or shops.
· Style and variety. These doors are available in aluminum, which can be painted to depict the company's logo etc. in an office. The latest frameless glass doors are very popular among offices, where they allow an uninterrupted view of the proceedings outside.
· They allow for heat or coolness retention since they open only when somebody approaches the door
What are the parts of an automatic aluminum sliding door
An automatic sliding door normally consists of the following parts
· Carrier wheels
· Sliding door panel(s)
· Sidelite panel(s)
· Lock and activation/ safety setup
The door panels are made from extruded aluminum profiles and safety glass for visibility.
Applications of automatic sliding aluminum doors
· Higher the traffic through the doors, heavier will be the moving panel.
Good for offices, hospitals, malls, banks, restaurants, art galleries etc.
· Fire and smoke door applications
· Energy conservation
· Security control, directional control or card access control applications
Testing procedures - The doors are made to open and close automatically for forty eight hours at a stretch.
How are they assembled?
· When they are shipped, the instructions for installation accompany them.
· The instructions are to be read fully
· Two or more people are required to install it
· Be careful when handling the glass
· Operate power tools carefully according to manufacturer's instructions
What is weatherstripping?
Weatherstripping is sealing the sliding panels from the elements of the weather by an insulation strip. This has to be replaced when it gets worn out.
What are the things to watch out for in automatic sliding doors
· Installation is not easy - the tracks have to be perfectly aligned, and more than one person is required to install a sliding door.
· The track attracts dirt because it is a series of grooves in which dirt accumulates very fast
· The doors get jammed sometimes because of the rust and dirt of the metal parts. They have to be changed in this case. Regular oiling helps too.
· If there is a power cut, they will get jammed and they have to be forced open.
Aluminium Doors or Steel Doors, Which Are Better?
When building or renovating, people often consider the windows and doors last. After all, don't they all look the same apart from the sizes? And this is ironic when they cover nearly half of the total surface of the house. Whether you choose wooden, iron, concrete or aluminium doors and windows, the right choice can boost the value of the house, provide ample natural lighting, enhance the design and give a feeling of space. Apart from the design, there's also the issue of workability. This pertains to where your windows or doors will be located, how they open, and whether you need enough ventilation or if the door or window just serves their primary purpose.
Comparing Aluminium Vs.Wood
There's a distinct edge in choosing aluminium folding doors over timber and that's less maintenance over their expected lifecycle. You won't have to worry about termites or carpenter bees boring holes in your wooden door or window frames. When you require double glazing, for example, aluminium is the right choice as it is more pliant to accepting the additional embellishment. Make sure, however, to choose the right installers since come companies cutting corners and fail to apply waterproofing techniques which ultimately result to nagging soggy and clammy issues on the frames, window sills and doors.
Choosing the Right Material
Aluminium is also identified as less secure compared to wood but this is not the case when choosing the right company that can install a sliding security door in your home. You only need superior quality aluminium. Be wary about doped aluminium or the lower-grade aluminium alloy. Aluminium is graded according to the purity of the material. Ask the installer if the product passes national standards on thickness and yield strength. This can also be your legal remedy when the installer cuts on corners and install the wrong product. Apart from the practical issues, you also want to ensure the quality of the finished product. Windows and doors are supposed to enhance the look of your house so you don't focus on the functionality alone.
The industry is brimming with installers of aluminium windows or folding doors and this is good for the consumers in the sense that competition drives prices down. Remember, the right windows and doors will look light on your home, introduce elegance, offer durability (which means less cost on maintenance), perfect for contemporary-style homes, and gives the appearance of space.