How to Choose Quality Aluminum Windows and Doors or Bifold Doors ?
Aluminum or Bifold Doors in Tip is the preferred material for door and window frames due to its inherent structural and aesthetic properties. Doors and windows made of aluminum frames with glass glazing may look the same from a distance but take a closer look and the difference between quality product and one that is fabricated by a local fabricator becomes apparent. If you are investing in doors and windows it pays to buy only quality products.
Seamless integration of hardware with aluminum frame
The looks as well as performance of aluminum windows are dependent on and influenced by the way hardware is integrated into the frame. If the window has hinges then the way hinges are designed and fitted to the frame has a bearing on ease of opening and closing as well as reducing gaps and thereby preventing energy losses. Quality manufacturers design and manufacture their own hardware to go along with windows and doors.
Most general fabricators do not work to tight tolerances while fabricating frames from aluminum profiles. There can be gaps between joins and this can look unseemly and if the frame sections are not well aligned, closing and opening them becomes a chore. Quality manufacturers also include thermal breaks and a foam core that provide additional insulation.
Quality manufacturers offer aluminum in a variety of finishes such as natural anodized finish in various shades, metallic colours, permanent colour fast powder coating and woodgrain foil overlay for a natural look. You can go a step further and choose aluminum frames that have one colour finish for interiors and another on the exterior to match building facades.
Single or double or triple glazing?
When double glazed windows offer so many advantages there is little point in saving some money by choosing single glazing. Double or even triple glazing is better from energy conservation as well as acoustic insulation perspective. Some advanced manufacturers offer gas filled and totally sealed double glazing. You also have the choice of blinds integrated inside the glazing, which makes for a neater appearance and ease of use. When one talks about glazing, it must be kept in mind that glass varies widely. It is recommended to look for windows with low E internal glass and possibly toughened glass so that, in the event the glass breaks, the floor is not littered with glass shards. You can also select glass that is coated to reflect heat and thus reduce energy consumption.
How secure are the aluminum windows?
Quality manufacturers offer windows that conform to British Standards PAS 24:2012. Material, design and manufacture of the windows makes it difficult for would be burglars to force the windows. You should look for multipoint steel locking system and internal glazing for better security.
It pays to invest in world recognized brands offering quality aluminum windows. Windows look perfect from inside and from the outside. They will be easy to operate and you will enjoy their use for years with minimum maintenance. It may cost more initially but a quality aluminum window also adds to the value of your house.
Interesting Facts About Bifold Doors in Tips:
About Bifold Doors in Tips:
Bifold doors are expensive but well worth the investment if you are considering renovations. Your house opens up to the garden and creates an amazing aesthetic when these doors are installed. It pays to exercise caution and care in a selection of the doors and consider various factors.Price is not everything
The cheapest is not the best and the most expensive also is not necessarily the best. A Bifold door is not just panels put together; it is an entire system where design, engineering precision and choice of hardware plays an important in the door's looks and performance just as much as the bifold door installation does. Buying a well known international brand with local support is a good option.Material of door
Bifolds can have wood, steel, uPVC or aluminum section frames. Wood can obstruct the view and be heavy. uPVC material can flex and distort which will affect the working of the door and there is a size limitation as well. Steel can be heavy. Aluminum is the best material for sections. It is relatively stable and does not tend to distort with temperature variations. From the maintenance point too aluminum scores because powder coated or natural anodized aluminum does not need frequent paint or maintenance.Top hung or bottom rolling?
Bifold doors are available as top hung or bottom rolling types. If a strong enough beam is present then the top hung type is best because it does not collect leaves and debris and the frame conceals the mechanism from view.Hardware and installation
Hardware is complex with bifold doors and must be precision engineered from quality materials besides being fitted just right during installation. Improper alignment can affect performance and cause stress on frames besides making the door hard to open and close. Quality systems have wheels that run on flat tracks and pivoted end doors for smooth movement even when the jamb does not allow much adjustment. Bifold door installation is important too when it comes to getting the threshold right to prevent rain seepage and yet creating a smooth transition that does not cause one to stub one's toes. Rain penetration is an important matter especially if the door is exposed. This is where the expertise of installer comes into play to provide a perfectly rebated rain-proof threshold. Security is another aspect to consider in the matter of bifold door hardware and a typical secure door would have multipoint locking system with shoot bolt for intermediate panels.
Single or double glazing
Energy conservation is important so double glazing is recommended. It will also provide some degree of acoustic insulation. Quality manufacturers provide U-values of 1.8w/sqmK or lower for such energy efficient bifold doors.Screening
There are times when one may want an unimpeded view and there are times when one may want to shut out the light. Curtains are good but can impede the view. Venetian blinds that roll up all the way to the top may be ideal. If you choose a double glazed door then the blinds may be incorporated into the panels but at the cost of impeding the view. It is best to coordinate with the installer and clear this point as well before ordering a bifold door.
Bifold Doors in Tips
Aluminum Sliding doors are stackable doors of many panels that move entirely to one side stacked neatly together. Their earliest form can be seen in traditional Japanese architecture. Now they are a definite feature of most public spaces like malls, hospitals etc. They are manufactured with a sophisticated track and frame system with a superior sliding mechanism. They offer an energetic look to any property and helps to maximize the light in the room and achieving the full potential of the view. They are a feasible alternative to bi-folding doors, with a sash width going up to 120 cms.
What are the advantages of automatic aluminum sliding frame doors
· Disabled friendly - These automatic doors open and close on their own.
· Safety features - they have up to date safety features and wireless remote control as well. Timers allow security personnel to lock the doors without having to be present near them.
· Gives Footfall account - the number of times the door opens can be obtained. This is useful footfall information in malls or shops.
· Style and variety. These doors are available in aluminum, which can be painted to depict the company's logo etc. in an office. The latest frameless glass doors are very popular among offices, where they allow an uninterrupted view of the proceedings outside.
· They allow for heat or coolness retention since they open only when somebody approaches the door
What are the parts of an automatic aluminum sliding door
An automatic sliding door normally consists of the following parts
· Carrier wheels
· Sliding door panel(s)
· Sidelite panel(s)
· Lock and activation/ safety setup
The door panels are made from extruded aluminum profiles and safety glass for visibility.
Applications of automatic sliding aluminum doors
· Higher the traffic through the doors, heavier will be the moving panel.
Good for offices, hospitals, malls, banks, restaurants, art galleries etc.
· Fire and smoke door applications
· Energy conservation
· Security control, directional control or card access control applications
Testing procedures - The doors are made to open and close automatically for forty eight hours at a stretch.
How are they assembled?
· When they are shipped, the instructions for installation accompany them.
· The instructions are to be read fully
· Two or more people are required to install it
· Be careful when handling the glass
· Operate power tools carefully according to manufacturer's instructions
What is weatherstripping?
Weatherstripping is sealing the sliding panels from the elements of the weather by an insulation strip. This has to be replaced when it gets worn out.
What are the things to watch out for in automatic sliding doors
· Installation is not easy - the tracks have to be perfectly aligned, and more than one person is required to install a sliding door.
· The track attracts dirt because it is a series of grooves in which dirt accumulates very fast
· The doors get jammed sometimes because of the rust and dirt of the metal parts. They have to be changed in this case. Regular oiling helps too.
· If there is a power cut, they will get jammed and they have to be forced open.
How Custom Bi-Fold Doors Can Help You Save Space
Aluminum garage doors have many benefits with only one major disadvantage: They dent easily. Besides for this disadvantage, they are a smart and economical choice. When shopping around, make sure you know your garage measurements as this will help in determining the price.
1) Do Not Rust
2) Low Maintenance
3) Great Price- a good door will cost about $500 to $800. If you choose one with insulation then you can expect to pay more, about $1,000-$1,500.
4) Lightweight- Because they are lightweight, they last longer in that they put less strain on the garage mechanisms.
5) Easy Installation- These doors are easy to install because they are lightweight. This also will help cut down on the installation costs as it takes less time for the contractor to install.
6) Recyclable- Aluminum is recyclable so when you replace your garage door you will be able to recycle the old one which is helpful to the environment.
7) Paintable- Want to change your garage door color without buying a new one? With aluminum it's possible as you will be able to paint the surface.
8) Great color selection- Vast selection of colors.
9) Energy Efficient- Good quality aluminum garage doors usually come with a more than sufficient amount of insulation added making them an energy efficient choice.
10) Long lasting- With good maintenance, these doors can last a lifetime.
It is also important to make sure to have the proper safety features installed to prevent serious injury. Having your garage door installed by a professional will help ensure not only that the proper safety features are installed but that the entire door is installed properly.