Aluminum doors are once popular in the home building industry. With the changes in architectural taste, however, many people opted for different styles of sliding doors. Nonetheless, Aluminium Windows Pretoria in Pretoria even when the interest in this type of door has already declined, it still has various advantages that could not be provided by other types of doors.
For one, Exterior Bifold Doors or aluminum pocket doors are great space savers. They could be used in several instances when space is an issue. For example, a room which could not be fixed with a hinge door could make use of a pocket door. This is the case when there is a permanent obstruction along the pathway where the door swings. Since the door runs along a hidden track and vanishes inside a pocket in the wall, there is no longer a need to open the door fully by swinging. Thus, the door does not require more space before it could be opened. Also, a pocket door could effectively replace a standard door when there is no other way but hide the door inside the walls.
Aluminum sliding doors is also a great alternative to ordinary wood, vinyl or plastic doors. This is because the doors are predicted to capture the future trend in home designing alongside glass and other metals.
There are downsides to using the doors though. For one, these doors could not be used in places where there are extreme temperatures as aluminum tends to adopt to the temperature of its surrounding. This would not help neutralize the heat or the coldness inside a room, for example. Also, Aluminium Front Doors Prices, unlike wood, glass and fiberglass doors, tends not to blend in with most architectural design. For instance, the doors would not work well with Victorian-style inspired homes. They are, however, common among conventional houses where steal panels and other metals are used in decorating the house.
Also, one cannot really play well with colors on the doors. Usually, homeowners have to settle with the metallic look. This doesn’t say that the natural aluminum surface is not good. In fact it is. However, for people who are fond of playing with colors, the doors may not be the best choice.
Another drawback to using the doors is that they tend to catch the atmosphere of large kitchens since they are usually associated with the kitchen doors of most restaurants. But again, this may not be as bad at all since many people actually love to create a certain atmosphere in their kitchen that may only be contributed to metals.
A change of look is what a sliding door could give when used in residential homes. In the industrial settings however, they have become the mainstay.
Aluminium Windows Pretoria in Pretoria?
Aluminum Sliding doors are stackable doors of many panels that move entirely to one side stacked neatly together. Their earliest form can be seen in traditional Japanese architecture. Now they are a definite feature of most public spaces like malls, hospitals etc. They are manufactured with a sophisticated track and frame system with a superior sliding mechanism. They offer an energetic look to any property and helps to maximize the light in the room and achieving the full potential of the view. They are a feasible alternative to bi-folding doors, with a sash width going up to 120 cms.
What are the advantages of automatic aluminum sliding frame doors
· Disabled friendly - These automatic doors open and close on their own.
· Safety features - they have up to date safety features and wireless remote control as well. Timers allow security personnel to lock the doors without having to be present near them.
· Gives Footfall account - the number of times the door opens can be obtained. This is useful footfall information in malls or shops.
· Style and variety. These doors are available in aluminum, which can be painted to depict the company's logo etc. in an office. The latest frameless glass doors are very popular among offices, where they allow an uninterrupted view of the proceedings outside.
· They allow for heat or coolness retention since they open only when somebody approaches the door
What are the parts of an automatic aluminum sliding door
An automatic sliding door normally consists of the following parts
· Carrier wheels
· Sliding door panel(s)
· Sidelite panel(s)
· Lock and activation/ safety setup
The door panels are made from extruded aluminum profiles and safety glass for visibility.
Applications of automatic sliding aluminum doors
· Higher the traffic through the doors, heavier will be the moving panel.
Good for offices, hospitals, malls, banks, restaurants, art galleries etc.
· Fire and smoke door applications
· Energy conservation
· Security control, directional control or card access control applications
Testing procedures - The doors are made to open and close automatically for forty eight hours at a stretch.
How are they assembled?
· When they are shipped, the instructions for installation accompany them.
· The instructions are to be read fully
· Two or more people are required to install it
· Be careful when handling the glass
· Operate power tools carefully according to manufacturer's instructions
What is weatherstripping?
Weatherstripping is sealing the sliding panels from the elements of the weather by an insulation strip. This has to be replaced when it gets worn out.
What are the things to watch out for in automatic sliding doors
· Installation is not easy - the tracks have to be perfectly aligned, and more than one person is required to install a sliding door.
· The track attracts dirt because it is a series of grooves in which dirt accumulates very fast
· The doors get jammed sometimes because of the rust and dirt of the metal parts. They have to be changed in this case. Regular oiling helps too.
· If there is a power cut, they will get jammed and they have to be forced open.
Aluminium Doors or Steel Doors, Which Are Better?
Aluminum sliding doors are located in various rooms of a building. This could be used as terrace or patio doors leading into the garden. Other places could be on first floor leading into the balcony from a family room upstairs or bedroom. The are different types used, one side fixed and other sliding and or two sliding panels and a fixed one. The room and size of opening determines which type to use. This also determines the glazing to be put.
When ready to fix an aluminum sliding door, whether due to replacement or anew, first measure the opening. Ensure that all railings , rollers, glazing are all in place. Line the opening smooth with plaster and check sides, floor and top. Ensure corners are square, jambs are plumb while top and bottom level. Fix the frame work by screwing into the reveals and jambs. Hacking the bottom part slightly recesses the framework for it to be flush with floor.
After the aluminum sliding door framing is in place, assemble the fixed part. Take the glazing and tie the frame round, it while inserting the rubber lining. Slide this panel and screw it into the frame firmly. Start sliding panel assembly and fix glazing as before, insert the rollers and push into the guiders. Let the panel roll along to the fixed side. screw adjust the wheels by pushing them up or down. Clean debris on guiders and remove dust.
Now that aluminum sliding door is assembled, place correctly each panel. Ensure that the fixed panel is on the outer guider and sliding part in the inside one. This prevents draught during windy days. Add the linings on the grooves provided to stop shaking during windy days or when opening. Add the locking latch and test the mechanism when inside and outside the room. Fix the alarm system if provided on moving panel and frame,then clean the door.