How Custom Bi-Fold Doors Can Help You Save Space?
If you have a wonderful house with a great view of your garden or picture-postcard scenery spread gorgeously in front then you need doors that give an unimpeded view.
Consider the standard options like sliding doors. A part of the opening will always remain covered regardless of whether you use two partitions or three partitions. French doors simply do not suit large openings. The answer is custom bifold doors especially when the opening is large and an unrestricted view is desired. They save space and give an unhindered view of the exteriors.
The term bifold doors may be a misnomer since these doors are, in effect, made up of several panels that fold together like an accordion or concertina into a compact bunch of panels that do not take up much space and stay neatly on one side of the opening. You have a clear view. Standard panel sizes may range from 24 to 36 inches in width or customized to suit the width of the openings, which could be a better option in some cases. Custom bifold doors can help save space and the use of matching hardware means it will be a joy to operate.
Customization could take several forms. You can choose to have bifold doors with narrow or broader panels to suit design considerations and aesthetics of how the door will look when fully closed. Narrow panels do give a nice look but in some cases one may wish for a less obstructed view in which case broader panels serve the purpose. Cost will also vary. Obviously more panels lead to higher cost but the advantage is that opening and closing the bifolds will be easier when the door has narrow panels and they take up less space.
Where there are doors with glass the question of curtains or blinds always comes up. Here again customization helps when you choose double glazing panels with inbuilt blinds that are totally sealed within and can be opened or closed by sliding a magnetic latch. Such integrated bifold doors also help save space and present a neater appearance. Then there are small details that the installer and manufacturer will take care of such as using quality sliding tracks, pivots and hinges that integrate seamlessly into the aluminum frame. Another matter that necessitates customization is whether to place the track at the top or bottom. It is best to consult a reputed door supplier and installer and get a site inspection in order to get a customized fitting.
Bifold doors are not meant just as a partition between indoors and outdoors. They can also be used indoors to good effect as space savers between rooms. One can have a larger opening without the inconvenience of large door panels creating obstructions in confined spaces.
Bifold doors have several advantages such as ease of use, complete opening up of a room to the outside, security with the right set of hardware and energy efficiency. These advantages can be further enhanced by customizing the bifold panels along with glazing and hardware fittings.
Glass doors are a great choice for both homes and businesses, and offer a great many advantages. In this article I'm going to look at specifically what those advantages are, as well as covering possible disadvantages which you should be aware of.
One of the most obvious and appealing benefits of doors made from glass is the fact that they allow light to pass through. For doors which open to the outside there is the benefit of being able to enjoy natural sunlight entering the room. Not only does this sunlight look and feel much more pleasant than artificial light, but it also helps to reduce the need for that artificial lighting, lowering costs as well as representing a greener alternative.
But even in cases where the door is not an exterior one, a glass door still allows light to pass from one room to the other, not only creating a visually more attractive space, but also a more practical one, since there are fewer shadows and darker areas, maximising the efficient use of the room.
One of the possible disadvantages of course with glass is that it does not usually permit privacy. Clearly this is why very few bathrooms have doors made from glass! But there is a way in which you can enjoy the benefits of a glass door being able to allow light to pass through it whilst also enjoying a certain amount of privacy. Frosted glass, or even coloured opaque glass can be used for both partitions and doors to create an attractive feature which also provides the privacy required.
Another benefit of glass as a material for use in doors and partitions is that it is incredibly durable and extremely easy to keep clean. Glass does not rust, or corrode, it is not susceptible to woodworm, and it doesn't collect dust. All that is necessary to keep the glass door or glass partition looking clean and attractive is to give it an occasional wipe with a cloth and some glass cleaner. This is ideal for both businesses and homes.
One of the disadvantages of glass doors is that they are more liable to crack or break if they receive a very sharp knock or heavy blow. However, such a blow would probably cause significant damage to any door, and as they're made of toughened glass, glass doors and partitions are more than tough enough to cope with everyday use, and should not shatter or break revealing sharp edges should a seriously hard knock cause any damage.
Modern digital printing now also enables glass doors to be patterned or to have designs added. This is less useful for homes, but for businesses and commercial properties it provides the opportunity to have company logos or other relevant information included on the glass.
With a choice of colours and many different types of frameless glass doors, including fixed, hinged, sliding and folding systems, there are many benefits worth considering, both for the home and for business environments.
Where Are Aluminium Doors Best Installed?
While aluminium is a very versatile material and aluminium doors can be suitably installed in a variety of indoor and outdoor contexts, two of the best places for the installation of aluminium doors are in industrial locations and as barriers between the inside and outside.
Aluminium doors are ideally suited to being installed as a barrier between indoor and outdoor environments because of their weatherproof and durable nature. This makes them a top choice for patio doors and café or bar doors leading to courtyards. Aluminium is one of best materials for patio door frames because the metal is a strong and very low-maintenance product. The advantages of installing aluminium framed doors as barriers between in and outdoors are largely due to the natural properties of the metal which make it resistant to corrosion as well as being impermeable and odourless. The aluminium framed doors do not rust and provide premium stability if installed correctly. Not only do doors of aluminium come in an extensive range of powder coated colours, they can also be carefully patterned for various aesthetic effects. Finally, aluminium framed doors are one of the best doors to be installed between interior and exterior because they won't warp or swell in damp conditions as wooden doors often do.
One of the second locations where doors of aluminium are best installed is in the heavy duty contexts of factories and warehouses where they are often the number one choice for a variety of applications. The popularity of aluminium doors in these environments is due again to the naturally strong, durable and low-maintenance nature of the metal. Aluminium is able to withstand any of the bumps and scrapes that are customary during the movement and transport of industrial machinery and products. Doors for industrial locations are made from large, high-strength metal panels that withstand the passage of oversize cargo and bulky machinery. Another reason why aluminium doors are such a top choice for heavy duty purposes is because the metal can be thermally treated to be scratch and dent resistant.
These are just too of the most popular locations for aluminium framed doors, but really, with such a versatile metal, the possible applications are endless. As well as providing a practical patio door and industrial door solution, glass and aluminium doors can be used inside the home in bathrooms and bedrooms as well as in the interiors or offices and other commercial constructions.
Aluminum Folding Doors - Add Elegance by Choosing Secure Aluminium Doors and Windows for Your Home
Aluminum Sliding doors are stackable doors of many panels that move entirely to one side stacked neatly together. Their earliest form can be seen in traditional Japanese architecture. Now they are a definite feature of most public spaces like malls, hospitals etc. They are manufactured with a sophisticated track and frame system with a superior sliding mechanism. They offer an energetic look to any property and helps to maximize the light in the room and achieving the full potential of the view. They are a feasible alternative to bi-folding doors, with a sash width going up to 120 cms.
What are the advantages of automatic aluminum sliding frame doors
· Disabled friendly - These automatic doors open and close on their own.
· Safety features - they have up to date safety features and wireless remote control as well. Timers allow security personnel to lock the doors without having to be present near them.
· Gives Footfall account - the number of times the door opens can be obtained. This is useful footfall information in malls or shops.
· Style and variety. These doors are available in aluminum, which can be painted to depict the company's logo etc. in an office. The latest frameless glass doors are very popular among offices, where they allow an uninterrupted view of the proceedings outside.
· They allow for heat or coolness retention since they open only when somebody approaches the door
What are the parts of an automatic aluminum sliding door
An automatic sliding door normally consists of the following parts
· Carrier wheels
· Sliding door panel(s)
· Sidelite panel(s)
· Lock and activation/ safety setup
The door panels are made from extruded aluminum profiles and safety glass for visibility.
Applications of automatic sliding aluminum doors
· Higher the traffic through the doors, heavier will be the moving panel.
Good for offices, hospitals, malls, banks, restaurants, art galleries etc.
· Fire and smoke door applications
· Energy conservation
· Security control, directional control or card access control applications
Testing procedures - The doors are made to open and close automatically for forty eight hours at a stretch.
How are they assembled?
· When they are shipped, the instructions for installation accompany them.
· The instructions are to be read fully
· Two or more people are required to install it
· Be careful when handling the glass
· Operate power tools carefully according to manufacturer's instructions
What is weatherstripping?
Weatherstripping is sealing the sliding panels from the elements of the weather by an insulation strip. This has to be replaced when it gets worn out.
What are the things to watch out for in automatic sliding doors
· Installation is not easy - the tracks have to be perfectly aligned, and more than one person is required to install a sliding door.
· The track attracts dirt because it is a series of grooves in which dirt accumulates very fast
· The doors get jammed sometimes because of the rust and dirt of the metal parts. They have to be changed in this case. Regular oiling helps too.
· If there is a power cut, they will get jammed and they have to be forced open.
- Bifold Doors Pretoria
- Aluminium Windows Prices Recommended
- Aluminium Sliding Doors Sandton
- Aluminium Windows And Doors Sandton
- Aluminium French Doors Tip
- Aluminium Patio Doors South Africa
- Aluminium Window Frames Rating
- Commercial Aluminum Doors Rating
- Aluminium Bifold Doors List
- Aluminium Front Doors Guide
- Aluminium Folding Door Gauteng
- Aluminium Glass Door Top
- Aluminium Door Design Recommended
- Aluminium Entrance Doors Gauteng
- Aluminum Sliding Glass Doors Pretoria
- Aluminum French Doors Gauteng
- Black Aluminium Windows Recommended
- Aluminum Replacement Windows Sandton
- Aluminium Double Glazed Windows Pretoria
- Commercial Aluminium Windows And Doors Easy
- Aluminium Profile Door Easy
- Aluminium Door Panels Manufacturer Johannesburg
- Aluminum And Glass Door Reviews
- Houses With Aluminium Windows Recommended
- Aluminium Windows Pretoria
- Aluminium Back Doors Best